Sunday, March 8, 2009
I have been so behind on updating my blog I did not get a chance to post the last seizure Lily Grace had. On February 8th at 3AM, Lily Grace had another seizure. I woke up and heard her moaning, which didn't sound normal, so I went to check on her and felt that she was burning up. We then gave her Tylenol and she just never acted right. After about ten minutes of talking to her, she laid over and began seizing. It was just as scary as the first one but at least we were more prepared with knowing what to do. The ambulance came to pick us up and after a few tests, we found she had an ear infection that caused her to have a high fever which just spiked all of a sudden and brought on the seizure. It had been exactly one year and 16 days since the last one. I thought this one would definitely be the last or at least for a while.
Last night she went to spend the night with Mother after Maw Maw's dinner. She was perfectly fine, happy and playing with no signs of sickness. This morning, Kirsten called us about 7:30 while we were getting ready for church and said Lily Grace had just had a seizure and was on the way to the hospital. I hated I was not there with her but I knew she was in good hands with my parents. They were of course scared to death because they had never seen her have one but they did everything they were supposed to do. Marty and I jumped in the car and headed for Fayette. By the time we got there, they had just got the lab work back to see what might have caused the high fever. They had found that she had the flu. She did have her flu shot back in October but as we have heard, it doesn't seem to be helping with this other type of flu or this many months later. Because she seemed so great yesterday, she was around so many of our family, so just keep us all in your prayers. Pray that Lily Grace will soon be over the flu and not have any more high fevers this week, that we will not catch it and that our family will not get it either. We especially pray that Tucker will not get it because he is too young to take the medicine. Also pray this will be the last seizure that Lily Grace has because it is so scary and can be very dangerous. Because this is her third seizure, that may mean more seizure tests to come. Thank you to all of you that have been calling and thinking of us. We love you all!

I have been praying for lily grace, and will continue to. I hope that she is better soon and that you and your families are free from all the sickness. Love you.
Aunt Brandi