Saturday, June 12, 2010
We have been trying to figure out what has been causing LG's eczema for a long time. We have had some really rough times with all her boo boos for the past three years. It has gotten much worse in the past two months so I talked to LG's doctor and we got her scheduled for allergy tests. We went Tuesday for them. They tested her for 15 different things. She was such a good girl. I was so proud of her. She wanted to see her back so bad while we were in the room and of course I had a camera in the bag :) So I took pictures of her back to see it. What did we do before digital cameras?? Ha! The first picture was taken right after the pricks. The second picture was taken fifteen minutes later after they washed her back and put cream on the spots. You can clearly see she is definitely allergic to something.
The tests showed she is allergic to:
Grass, Dogs, Cats, Fish, Shrimp, Peanuts, and the worst was Dustmites. All these things aggrevate her eczema. There are some things we will have change but it will all be worth it if we can help give her some relief. She will continue to have eczema and still hopefully grow out of it over the years but by ding out what she is allergic to may help with the flare ups. We are so happy we have figured this out and hopefully things will be better with LG's boo boos now.
