Friday, January 9, 2009
Last night, Lily Grace went to gymnastics for the first time. It was an interesting experience! She did great for the first 15 minutes. I was so excited because she was jumping on the trampoline and jumping in the foam pit all by herself. Then she started fussing. Her attention span ran out and she was ready to do something else. Finally we moved to another station but then Lily Grace decided she wanted to go back to the last one! So she started screaming!! Yes, very loud screaming. I was so embarrassed. I couldn't get her to stop. So I called Marty and told him this may not be for us. I thought I might have to leave early. But then it was time to climb the very tall ladder. She did it twice, all by herself and loved it. She loved it so much, the second time she held on to the top and wouldn't let go! I had to jerk her down which caused more screaming! So we moved to the next station. She really like this one. It was big mats that she could climb on. She got into one of the holes and stopped. She wouldn't get out and she was holding up the line. She looked back to the other little girls and said, "No, no, it's mine!" (Can I tell you how much I hate those words?! She has just started that and it is not a fun stage to go through!) So I finally had to pull her out which caused more screaming. She did a few flips but wouldn't let her teachers touch her. She would say no, no and push them away. She did swing from the poles all by herself and enjoyed that. Finally, it was time to leave! The teacher gave them all stamps. She was so excited and kept saying "stamps, stamps, stamps!" and I don't think she even knew what a stamp was. So the girl gave her one on each foot and one on each hand. She was so happy and I thought maybe she won't cry anymore before we leave. But I was wrong! When the girl put the stamps away, she started screaming again for more stamps. UGH!!!! I was so ready to get out of there! Lily Grace was the youngest by almost a year and this was her first time. All the other little girls had been there for two other semesters. So the other Mommies kept reassuring me it would get better and all their little girls did the same thing. I hope they are right! We will try again next week. Wish us luck!

I am thinking about getting Heidi signed up for Kindermusik, but I may think twice now b/c Heidi is the same way!! :D
Just wanted to tell you I understand where you are coming from and that Yes it will get better. Lily Grace is too cute in ther leotard by the way.