Tuesday, November 10, 2009
I usually don't do things like this on my blog especially since it is all about me but my sweet cousin Angie nominated me for this special award, so here it goes.
2) You must share "10 Honest Things" about yourself.
3) You have to present this award to 7 others whose blogs you find brilliant in content and/or design, or those who have encouraged you.
4) Last, you must tell those 7 people they've been awarded HONEST SCRAP and inform them of these guidelines in receiving the award.
1. I am completely, head over heels in love with my husband. I love that I still get those butterflies everyday and I pray that never goes away. It is one of the best feelings in the world! And you know how so many women say, "I have the best husband" well I honestly think I have the BEST husband ever! He is wonderful in so many ways (it would take way too long to list them all, that will have to be another post) and I couldn't imagine life without him. I thank GOD every chance I get for blessing me with him. I don't know what I did to deserve him!
2. I have two beautiful children! I am proud to say that! They are my joy and I love waking up every morning to the sounds they make. Lily Grace saying, "Good morning Mommy, I'm ready to eat." (Seriously, that is what she says every morning, ha!) And Cooper waking up crying because he is ready to eat, too. I don't mind the cries because that means he is here and I am reminded I have a healthy son in my life. I always loved waking up with Lily Grace on my left side (she gets in the bed with me every morning at 5) and never thought that could get any better but it did! Now I have her on my right side and Cooper on my left (he does the same now at 5!). Mornings are great here in our home! I have always thought I wanted 4 or more children but now that I have my daughter and my son, I feel complete. We will make our final decision in about three years :) I am just so fortunate to have them both.
3. I miss my family so much at times it actually hurts. It is so hard for me to go an entire week without seeing them. And if it goes over a week, it about kills me. To help, I talk to my Mother at least three, four, sometimes five or six times a day! And I talk to my sister everyday and usually don't go more than two days without talking to my Daddy and Brother. We are a close family and if I had it my way, I would see them everyday for the rest of my life. I grew up seeing both sets of my grandparents on the way home from school every afternoon and I wish my children could do the same thing. With grandparents living in separate towns, I have accepted that cannot happen and it breaks my heart.
4. I love going home - both homes. I love going to my first home - Berry. The home I grew up in and have so many wonderful memories. There are so many times I get overwhelmed that I cry once we reach the four way stop because I know in about 6 minutes I will be there! Then when we leave, the tears come again because we are having to leave. But I do love going to my new home, too. After being away all weekend or just off for a day, it is so great to drive up in our drive way to the home where we are making all our new memories. And there is no better bed than ours! I love coming home to our bed!!
5. I love to cook AND eat!! I wish I had my own restaurant or catering business because I love to cook for people! It is such a passion of mine and I wish I could do it more. I would cook everyday if possible. But with just Marty and myself eating the meals, we always have leftovers for the next day or two. And with two little ones, some days it just isn't possible to cook!! I learned to cook from three of the best cooks ever - my two grandmothers and mother. I loved helping them in the kitchen and Marty is so glad I did!! I can honestly say, my husband loves my cooking. He seriously gained 20 pounds after marrying me. And about the eating - as much as I love to cook and eat home cooked meals, I also love eating out. The place we eat at the most, besides my mother's house is Tokyo. Sushi - yummy!
6. I love movies! I enjoy watching them at home but I love to watch them on the big screen. And I have to have a coke and popcorn to go with it! Even if I just ate a big meal, ha! Marty knows that this is one of my most favorite things to do, so he lets me do this often. He is so sweet to keep LG for me so that I can do this. Sometimes I just need to get out of this house and have a little time to myself. It can get a little crazy staying in a house all day with little ones. Marty understands this. I wish the two of us could get out together though!!
7. I am very organized. I can't stand for things to be out of place. It is hard for me to sleep if there are things needing to be done like a picture needs to be hung, clothes need to be washed, floors need to be vacuumed, etc. I love for things to be just perfect and done on time! I do my best keeping this house clean but here lately I am having a harder time keeping it the way I like it. Other people may not notice the little dust here or there, but I do and it drives me crazy!! I can't stand for dishes to be in the sink or clothes to be in the hamper, so those are things you probably won't see in my house! (I actually like doing laundry, Angie :)
8. I get so lonely down here in Brent sometimes. I am surrounded by love here but because I don't work in this town or go to church here, I only know a few people. I came from a town where no matter where I went I saw people I knew. I got a hug every time I went to the grocery store! Now when I go to the grocery store, I usually don't even get spoken to. It is taking some getting used to but hopefully I will sooner or later. I guess that is why I appreciate going back to Berry so much. But I am happy here, just wish I could see or get to know more people here.
9. We are torn about selling our house. We want to move eventually especially because we are running out of space but I love our little house so much. We have so many wonderful memories here and it will be so hard to leave those behind. And I don't know if anyone will ever buy! It is definitely the time to buy a house now but it sure isn't the time to sell! When is this economy ever going to get better?
10. I want to be the best wife, mother, daughter, sister, daughter-in-law, friend, and most importantly, Christian I can be. I pray everyday that I am doing what is right in all those things but sometimes I am afraid I could do better. If you see that I can do better in one of these areas, please tell me. I want to know. I want GOD and all those around me to be proud of me. And most of all, I want to be in Heaven one day with my Lord and all of you. I love you all so much and could not ask for better people in my life.
Now, I give this wonderful award to:
Heather @ The Talley Family
Brandi @ Four and a Baby
Miranda @ Matthews Matter
Courtney@ The Long View
Kim @ Lawson Party of Five
Margaret @ The Bridges of Jefferson County
Michelle @ Bama Fans in Rebel Land
1 Comment:
-
- James, Heather, Evan, Emie and Pete said...
November 17, 2009 at 10:52 PMI am so glad you included me on this. I hope to get to it soon. So glad we got to see you this weekend. We will have to do it again soon. So many of these things I connect with...watch for my responses...
