Wednesday, January 23, 2008
This story you are about to read is a little scary. It is very lengthy but goes into great detail of what happened. Just a warning for you. Yesterday afternoon we were in Northport and everything was going great. Lily Grace was in her normal, sweet and happy mood. Marty was holding her and she started to strain like she was going to poopy. Then all of a sudden she went limp and Marty said "Peyton help me!" I looked over at them and Lily Grace began to have a seizure. This was the worst moment in my life. I have never been as scared as I was right then and I pray I am never that scared again. She was shaking all over and her eyes rolled back in her head. I grabbed her and started screaming for someone to call 911. She began to turn blue and we were getting more and more scared. I laid her on the floor because I thought I would have to give her CPR. She began to breathe again and then Marty yelled get her, we are going to the ER. Luckily, we were just two minutes away even though it took longer to get there due to traffic. I called 911 and I held her until we got there. On the ride there, she was completely out of it, unconscious. She was staring off into space, eyes dilated, blue lips and breathing very strange. The lady on the phone assured me this was all fine as long as she was breathing. She finally blinked but wouldn't open her eyes. I thought we had lost her. I was hysterical. We finally reached the hospital and we walked straight in where they immediately started hooking her up to a monitor, taking her temperature (103.6) and comforting us. We were so blessed to have such a wonderful staff working with us. Each and everyone of them were so sweet. She slowly started coming to but was still not the same, looking very confused and still somewhat out of it. While we were there they drew lots and lots of blood from both arms. This really woke her up! She screamed her little head off. They had a very hard time finding her veins, so there was a lot of "digging" for them. It caused her to break out in a very ugly rash on her arms. Then they did a catheter on her. They explained to me this would be worse than when they took the blood and I might would want to step out. I was not leaving my baby! My girl did great!! She hardly even cried. They were all so surprised. Next, they took X-Rays of her chest and later gave her a flu test. After all the poking and prodding, we waited for quite a while. We were waiting for her heart rate to lower because it was way over 200 and to make sure when she woke up she would be able to move her neck and interact with us they way she should. The doctor finally asked us to wake her up, which she wasn't too happy about. We fed her and then she seemed tons better. They gave her a shot of antibiotic and then discharged us. They informed us it would be 48 hours before we received any information on her blood work in order to find what caused the high fever. They do believe the fever caused the seizure though. She has had a low grade fever the past two days but we thought it was her teeth bothering her. Undoubtedly, she was getting sick. The reason for the seizure was because it was a rapid high fever. Children under the age of five will have a seizure it a they get a fever of 104 degrees suddenly. There are no warnings and nothing you can do to prevent them. This was the scariest thing I have ever experienced and I pray I never have to see a child of mine have another seizure. I also pray that none of your children have a seizure. I wouldn't want anyone in the world to go through what we went through yesterday. Please keep us in your prayers and pray that the doctors do find the answers we need to help Lily Grace get well. Thank you all that have called, visited and prayed for us. We love you all so much and we love GOD with all our hearts for always taking care of us. I believe HE had a plan for us yesterday (HE always has a plan for us all). Marty just happened to take off work to be with us and we just happened to be across the street from the hospital. I don't know what I would have done by myself or not being near a good hospital. I will keep you all updated in the next few days with what is going on with our sweet little Lily Grace.
4 Comments:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Jennifer