Wednesday, January 23, 2008
Today Lily Grace had a wonderful day! She slept better last night than she did the night before last. She only woke up a few times with restlessness throughout the night. We took her to Dr. Petitt at 9:30 this morning for a follow-up check up. He was very happy with how she was today. She was laughing and in a great mood. Her ears, throat, and chest looked great. The only thing was, she did have a high white blood count. This meant her body was trying to fight off some type of infection in her blood. We will know Friday morning what this is when the blood work comes in. This is the infection that caused the fever. She weighed 21 lbs and 6 oz., still growing! And he gave her another antibiotic to take the next 5 days. And we will continue to give her Motrin and Tylenol for the next day to help with any returning fever. Hopefully we will know more Friday and I pray that she does not get another fever. He gave us lots of information dealing with seizures and said that they were very common. About 3 out of 100 children have one and he sees about 1 or 2 each month. He said she may never have another one but she could have a few more up until 6 years old. This all really didn't help me feel better. We are still scared to death with every little move she makes. Any noise, strain, or whatever she does different, my heart stops. We are even sleeping with a lamp on so that we can watch her through the night. She does seem to be back to normal and feeling good but that may be due to all the medicine she is on right now. Please continue to pray for her that she gets completely well and the results Friday will help us to get her well. Also pray for Marty and me to stay strong and just continue being the best parents we can be. This all has been very scary and I don't know what in the world I would do without Lily Grace in my life. I cannot imagine what our cousins Alison and Justin Cottingham are going through with a three year old daughter having cancer or the Burgess family losing their little boy. We just have to continue praying for all of these families that are going down such rough roads in their life and know that GOD is with them each step of the way. GOD has blessed me with such a healthy daughter and we don't know what is going to happen tomorrow or the next day or any day from here on out, but we must know GOD is with us and has a great plan for us. HE will get us through the tough times no matter how tough they may be. HE loves us more than we will ever know. Always keep these things in mind and always put HIM first! Have a blessed day and I will keep you all updated on Lily Grace. Thank you so much for all the prayers and calls. We love you all!!

I just read the blog and found out about this today. I am so sorry you had to go through this! It sounds so scary. I'm so glad she's ok! I will be thinking and praying for you.
Also, I wanted to share an idea of something that may give you at least a little bit of peace of mind while you're sleeping - it's called the "Angelcare" monitor. It goes under baby's crib mattress and detects baby's breathing. If breathing stops for more than 20 secs it sounds a loud alarm. I bought one for Law when he started sleeping on his stomach and I was so worried, but by the time I got it, he was already moving around so much, I felt like I didn't need it anymore. So, I recently gave it to my sister-in-law, but after reading your story, I think I may buy another. I find myself jumping up in the middle of night as it is to check on him. Anyway, if you're interested, you can buy it online at Target.
Keep us updated, and let us know if we can do anything.
Love you,
courtney