Friday, May 8, 2009

Happy Birthday My Baby Girl!

I cannot believe my little baby girl is two today. I am so happy and thankful she is growing, learning, and healthy and I am definitely enjoying every minute of it, but at the same time I just wish time would slow down a little bit. It doesn't even seem like a year ago Marty and I were meeting on our blind date. Then shortly afterwards there was a wedding. Then we were expecting our first child! Then it seems like months ago I was holding this new precious life God gave us in my arms for the very first time. And now she is already two years old! It is such a wonderful blessing but then it is also breaking my heart. I would never trade this time for anything in the world that I have had with her. There isn't a day that goes by that she doesn't make me smile or laugh. She usually even brings tears to my eyes just because I am so happy. She brings so much joy into our lives it is unbelievable. Not just Marty's and my life but the Grandparents, Great-Grandparents, Aunts, Uncles, Cousins, and Friends. Who would have ever thought something so small could make so many people happy? I could not begin to imagine life without her in it. Wow, now that's heart breaking! You never realise how wonderful parenthood is but when it happens to you, you never want to give that up. It is truly a gift from God and the greatest gift of all.


Looking back over the past year, so many things have changed. She started talking in sentences, walking, running, doing things so independently, her hair has grown like crazy, and so many other things. It seems like she does something new every day. She never ceases to amaze me. By January she knew all her colors. By March she could count to ten. Now she can count past ten! We are still working on her ABC's but she is trying so hard. She knows so many animals and knows most of all their sounds. Some animals I can't believe a two year old would ever know. Like today, she told me, "No Mommy, that's a Chimp" when I called it a monkey! And she knows what a crocodile is and says it perfect! She even knows jaguar, panther, persian cat, leopard, and others. She learned all these from a book at Grandmommy's house. Animals really are her expertise. :) She really shocks me sometimes. And she would sit in your lap and let you read all day to her. She will not let you forget to read to her. She will drag me in her room and have the books picked out for me to read. And I love doing it! It must be where her vocabulary came from. She will talk your ears off. But sometimes I wonder where she learns some of the things she learns. Today on the television there was a waterfall. She said "Mommy, Mommy, that's a waterfall." I don't think we have ever talked about that before! I don't know how she knew that! I am excited to experience all the new things she learns in the next year.


The church situation has gotten much better. We still have to get up occasionally and we still have to sit the Training Room a lot. She is so cute when she prays! She bows her head, folds her hands and sits very quietly. Then when the pray is over she yells AMEN!!! So cute, but so loud in church!! She knows we are supposed to pray before we eat and at night. She is FINALLY telling us who made things. For the longest when I would ask her questions like "Who made the trees or the flowers or anything" she would say "Mommy". But now she says "GOD did!" She is still loving bible class every Sunday morning and Wednesday night. She gets upset on Sunday nights though because we do not have class then. She sings her little church songs all the time and they are so sweet.


The terrible two's seemed to hit very early for us. But now they seem to be somewhat better. She would scream "That's MINE" to everything! It was about to drive us crazy. But now she very seldom does it. It's seems that her worst behaviors come out at restaurants and other very public places. Maybe because she is not getting as much attention? I don't know but I am just thankful it is a little better! And working on her manners have really paid off. She says "Thank You" and "Please" without us even reminding her now. She has just started saying "I'm Sorry". I love when she says "Thank You Mommy". And I especially love hearing the words "Love you Mommy". I have been waiting for the day to come when she would say that and finally it came! Those are the sweetest words! When she wants you to pick her up she says, "Help" in the pitifullest little voice. Now another favorite word we like to hear from Lily Grace is "Yes". She has this little lisp that is so cute! We will ask her questions just so when can hear that word!


Somethings that Lily Grace enjoys are babies!! Real ones and dolls! She is so kind and gentle with them. She acts just like a little mommy. She also enjoys being outside. We got her lots of outside toys for her birthday so we plan on spending lots of time outside this summer. And of course she loves animals, Hogan our dog, bugs and rocks. She carries rocks around all the time. Yo Gabba Gabba is still one of her favorite shows but she also really like Dora. It has become her very favorite. And she like Diego because of all the animals. She learns a lot from those shows. She even says some Spanish words! They are very educational. Her favorite movie is still Happy Feet but she really likes Madagascar 2 as well. And she loves to dance or put on a show for everyone. She loves being the center of attention ALWAYS!


The past year brought on some difficult times like two more seizures, her eczema, the flu, problems with her teeth, and other little sicknesses. But even with that, it is nothing compared to what so many other families have to go through with their children. We are so fortunate to have such a healthy child. She has not had another seizure in a few months which is such a blessing. But we do know she will probably have one with every sickness. We are so happy to have been warned of this. The flu was not near as bad as it could have been. Even though the dentist visits were very stressful, her teeth are completely straight now and beautiful. Her eczema has some good days and some very bad but we thank God everyday because we know it could be so much worse for her. At 21 months of age, she finally started sleeping through the night!! About once a week she will wake up and get in the bed with us but that is great! Because for 21 months she would not sleep through the night and we all lost lots of sleep. It is so great to finally get some rest. She is still sleeping in her queen size bed and loves it. I wish we could get her on an earlier schedule of going to sleep though. She usually doesn't fall completely asleep until about 9:30 or 10:00. Then it's time for us to be in bed as well. So there is not much Mommy and Daddy quality time. She is still a huge eater. She eats just about anything you give her. Potatoes are definitely her favorite (like her Mommy). She is still only drinking milk and water, which the dentist loves! She weighs around 30 lbs and is killing her Mommy's back! We are just so thankful to have a healthy little two year old!


Our two years with Lily Grace has been the best two years of our lives. Her personality has grown into this sweet and hilarious little girl. We laugh so hard at her everyday. She is a mess but so much fun. We eat up every second we have with her. We thank God everyday for blessing us with such a wonderful little girl. Happy Birthday Baby! Mommy and Daddy love you more than the whole world put together!

Lily Grace was so excited about her new pool and outside toys.






That night we decided to go out for Lily Grace a birthday dinner. We of course went to Tokyo. She had so much fun! She loves the shrimp sauce there. We always take fries in case she doesn't eat as much of the other food. She likes to dip the fries in the sauce. That sauce is good on anything!!
Using her chopsticks to pick up her fries!
They came to sing Happy Birthday to her. She loved it!

Mr. Lee singing in Japanese

He had a great time celebrating her birthday together.
Lily Grace didn't eat all the ice cream, so look who got the left overs! HA!
Too bad Mother cut Marty's head off! She always does that! :)
This is currently Lily Grace's new smile when you tell her to smile for the camera. She is so funny.
On the way home that night I asked Lily Grace did she have a great birthday. She said, "Yes Mommy, Thank you Mommy." How sweet! Just what I wanted to hear. Happy Birthday Sweetheart! We love you!

1 Comment:

  1. Kim Lawson said...
    Love her expressions!!! My favorite ones are the ones in the pool. So cute!!

Post a Comment