Thursday, October 20, 2011
10/11/10
Cooper Preston James turned 2 today! I cannot believe it! Time flies so fast. It seems like months ago we were in the hospital holding him for the first time. Cooper is such a wonderful blessing. He smiles all the time, loves to hug, and loves to play. He also loves to help. He helps put groceries away, separate laundry and put them in the wash and dryer, and helps put toys away. He will cry if you don't let him help! I hope it keeps up, haha! He will say, "Mama, help, I help." It is very sweet. He is starting to count to ten with some assistance, knows most of his colors, and knows a few shapes. He will call out letters (whether they are right or not) when he sees big letters. He understands so well. When you ask him to do something or ask him a question, he gets it! He all of a sudden is talking much more. He sometimes gets a little aggrevated when you can't figure out what he is trying to tell you. He loves Mama's hip and hanging on her all day long but boy does he love when Daddy comes home and it's time to play!!! His favorite thing to do is play on the bed with Daddy! They hide, flip, wrestle, and are wild!!! He really looks up to his Daddy. They are big buddies. I think it is wonderful! And he loves sister!!! That is what he calls her but it sounds like "Siser". He wants to do most anything she is doing. They play well together most of the time but like all siblings they have their moments. Night time comes around it's time for milk and rocking with Mama. We will snuggle up under covers and rock until he falls asleep. I love this time with him. He will pat me or rub my face, it is so sweet. I will rock him as long as he wants, even if he is 16! Ha! He is such a sweet little boy......starting to become more mischevious.....but sweet :) We are the luckiest parents in the world to have loving, healthy, smart children. I love every minute I can spend with them! Can't believe two years have passed but we look forward to all the years to come with our special little man.
For Cooper's birthday, Cooper and I stayed outside from 8-12 in the morning playing hard! We had the best time. Got some funny videos on the trampoline and played in the pool of balls for a long time. It was so nice outside and it was a perfect morning for his birthday!
He is puckering his lips to give me a kiss here, so sweet :)
