Thursday, October 20, 2011

A Trip with the Pate Family

At the end of September Marty and I took a short trip to North Alabama with the Pate family. We went to a debate over the existence of God. It was a great experience and we were so happy we were able to go. I guess one of our favorite things about the trip was the eating though! Especially since all the pictures in this post are from the one restaurant we went to TWICE! Yes, twice! We loved it so much at dinner on Thursday night we had to go back the next day for lunch! It was called Umi Japanese Steakhouse. It was very neat experience because they put us in a private room together! And it was some of the best sushi we have ever had. The place was very pretty and unusual. The service was great! We definitely look forward to going again whenever we are in the Florence area again. We had a great time with the Pate's. Sweet Ava was a great traveler and makes me smile. Music and talks during traveling was a lot of fun, too. And I can't forget to mention our Ross shopping! Brooke and I got some good stuff, even matching boots! (We didn't plan it either!! We met in the store and both had the pair in our buggies! Ha!) We look forward to traveling with the Pate's again one day in the future :-)
Our Private Room :-)

All our sushi's from Friday night.....








The Pate Family

What is up with my hubby??

Finally a normal picture!!

And Jeremy, too??? Crazy guys!!



Neat little wooden shoes hanging on the wall.

A great friend!


We had a great time on the trip but as always I missed my babies like crazy the entire time. The thought of them never left my mind. It was so wonderful to see their sweet faces. We picked them up from Grandmama and Granddaddy's house and came straight home for baths, bed clothes and this snuggle time!!! I could not wait to come home to this! My favorite time of the day is the end when I get to snuggle and rock them to sleep. Will I still be rocking them when they are 10??? If they want me, too!!

So thankful for Grandmama and Granddaddy for taking care of them while Marty and I got a little time to ourselves!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment