Thursday, November 8, 2007
I remember when Lily Grace was in my belly and I would see 6 month old children at church. I would think, "It's gonna be a long time before this baby is out and 6 months old but that looks like a really fun age." Well, 6 months was here in a flash and yes it is tons of fun! Lily Grace has done lots of new things in the past month. She is rolling over great and moving around in circles on the floor but still not getting far. She has been amazed with her hands for months now but now she has learned to wave. It is the cutest thing! She waves hello and goodbye to everyone even to people in stores. It is so sweet. She is also reaching for you. When you put your hands out for her she will reach and about jump into your arms. It is a wonderful feeling when she shows you she wants you! Another sweet thing she does is when she gives you kisses. She will grab your face with both hands and pull you in and give you the biggest wet kiss ever! We love every kiss she will give us! She is trying very hard to sit up on her own, as you can see in the picture. She can sit up for about 30 seconds before falling over. She does get a little stronger everyday though. She is still sleeping great throughout the night, around 10 hours. She is eating a lot more now. She eats 6 oz. bottles 5 times a day, cereal in the morning, veggies and fruit for lunch and dinner. That does not include the little bites of food we give her that we are eating. She is our little food disposal. We are working on the sippy cup now but she hasn't figured it out yet. When she does, we will start juice. Her hair is starting to come in more and you can tell that it is going to be thick. She will laugh hysterical at me especially at night time. It is so funny! That is Marty and my favorite thing to do, make Lily Grace laugh! She loves to go shopping with the girls. Monday and Tuesday, Lily Grace and I went to spend the night with Grandmommy at the Winfrey and we shopped till we dropped trying to get things done for Christmas. And she is still baby talking all the time and is still very curious about everything. Yes, she reminds us of Grandmama Sally more and more with her personality. New things happen with our precious little girl everyday and we will continue to update as they come along.
Today, on Lily Grace's 6 month birthday, she did have to go to the doctor. She has had a nasty cold since Saturday, so I called to see if I should bring her in and they said definitely. They put her on Albuterol and we are hoping it will help because it could become serious. So say a little prayer for Lily Grace. Doctor Petitt said it should last another 5 or 6 days but she has high spirits and is happy as can be. I think it worries us more than her. I just can't stand to see my baby feeling bad. They did weigh her while we were there and she weighed 18 lbs! I knew she sure was feeling heavy. I struggle to carry her when she is in the car seat. Lily Grace is 6 months old and growing fast!
0 Comments:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
