Saturday, November 17, 2007

Busy Days

The past few days have been very busy! Thursday I babysat Garrett and Shelby for my friend Melinda. Her husband has just found out that he has Melanoma and it has now leaked into the lymph nodes under his arm. He will have surgery on Monday to see if it is cancerous. Please keep this family in your prayers. Lily Grace was very happy to have the kids stay with us. Garrett is her "boyfriend". They are in the same class at MDO and they love each other! It was very interesting to see how it would be with three small kids in the house. It was lots of fun though. Then Grandmommy and Aunt Kirsten came for an afternoon visit. It was great to see them during the week since usually we have to wait until the weekend. After they left we went to a dinner at Grandmamma and Granddaddy’s church. It was an early, delicious Thanksgiving meal. We love this time of the year!!!

Friday, Lily Grace and I baked all day long! We made 12 things to sale at our MDO Bake Sale on Saturday (which was a great success!!!). Thank you God for giving us such a wonderful baby! She sat in her exersaucer and played with big plastic spoons while I cooked. She is so sweet and we are so lucky.


There was only one little incident with her acting a little "bad". I was holding her on my hip and stirring my chocolate pie when she got upset with me for not paying her any attention. So she pinched my necked, grabbed my hair and grunted really loud. I told her "No, No". Then she did it again and again and once more. The final time I spatted her on the hand (really it was a little pat, not a spat) and said "No, No". She stopped!! She didn't do it again, which makes me think she knew better. I was wondering when do you start spanking, spatting, patting, etc. Mother told me that I would know when, well I guess this was the right time. Trust me, it hurt me worse than it hurt her!!!


Then we got ready for the James Family Reunion that night. So we have been very busy here lately but it always gets this way around this time of the year. I am sure it will be this way until Christmas but it is just a little different this year while having a little one around. It is going to be very exciting!!!

Thank you Grandmommy for my cute, warm hat!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment