Thursday, September 25, 2008

Catching Up

Sorry it has been so long since I have posted. There are lots of posts to catch up on! We have been so busy and too tired to get on here. I hope you enjoy catching up with us.


I haven't posted in a while all the new things Lily Grace does. Everyday she is doing new things. The biggest thing is she is talking up a storm! Just about everything you say, she can say also, or at least close to it. It is hard to list all the words but there are about 5 new words a day. Like yesterday she said tree, sky, onkey (for monkey), bear and school. And get this, she is saying sentences! This all started about two weeks ago. She can say "I get down" or "I want bite" or "I want cookie" or "I want ______" and will say whatever she is wanting. It is helping a lot more! Today she was saying, "Oooo, it hot" to my hair straightener while waving her hands back and forth. Then later she picked up two rocks that were sitting in the sun and said the same thing. I picked them up and they were really hot! So she understood what that meant. She is also saying more names like "MaMa" for Madilyn, Braiden (or close to it), KirKir, Unc (for Uncle Skyler), Mykah (friend at school), and others. Yesterday at MDO there was a little girl putting on her shoes and Lily Grace went up to her and clapped her hands while saying "good girl, good girl". When she wants you to read a book, she will bring the book to you and say "read". There are so many other words she says and objects she recognizes like key, shoes, bath, eat, baby. I wish I would have done better at posting these words.


Lily Grace also knows where yours and her eyes, nose, teeth, tongue, ears, hair, belly button, and feet are. She can say eye, teeth, nose, and feet. She can also now shake her head yes and no. And when you tell her to wash or comb her hair, she pretends to do so.


She is now interacting with the television now. I don't know if this is a good thing. For example Moose A. Moose and Zee were doing a dance and she got up and did the whole thing! It said to jump and she jumped, then clap and she did, and then turn around and she did!! Now she does the dance all the time! It is so cute! It is good to know though that she is getting something out of Yo Gabba Gabba now! She actually follows the directions! She laughs at them and talks to them, too.


She is also giving kissing with puckered lips instead of mouth opened now. And you don't have to ask for one anymore. She will just give them to you out of the blue. I am really loving this!! She is also going through a squealing phase. She squeals out really loud, and I mean really LOUD! I ignore her and by about the 4th squeal she will stop because she realizes she is not getting any attention. This seems to work and that is what the books say to do but others around us seem to think differently. The stares and some comments we get are awful! I don't know what to do about this situation!


She is getting so big! She is not my little baby anymore. It makes me so sad. She is wearing 2T and looks so tall! I guess there wasn't a big chance of her being short though. :) She has her 4 back molars now, which have caused a lot of sleepless nights! She is growing and changing so fast it is unbelievable. She is still a little stinker but she is our little stinker. Maybe this post and the following few will help catch up on some of the new things going on with her!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment