This post may be very boring to you all because Lily Grace will not be in it! We got the opportunity to take a beach trip. It was a very hard decision if we should take Lily Grace or not. I prayed a lot about it and cried a lot about it, but finally the decision was made, we would go ALONE! I thought it would be awful and I would cry horribly leaving her, but it actually wasn't that bad! She looked me in the eyes with the sweetest little face, listened to everything I said, and gave me 6 of the sweetest kisses. I think it wasn't that hard saying goodbye because it was a much needed trip. It was the best thing we have done. I honestly now believe parents need to get away for a couple of days every now and then, by themselves to remember there is a marriage and once before there were only two of you before the kids and the crazy, busy life there is now. Don't get me wrong, I did miss her terribly but I knew she was having a great time at Grandmommy and Pop's house, and Marty and I were having a great time alone, which I can't remember the last time happened! It was a wonderful trip and by Sunday we were re energized and ready to come home to see our greatest joy!

We may not have picked the best time for going to the beach because we went the weekend Hurricane Ike came through. It didn't affect us too much though. The winds were strong and the waves were high but the sun shine was beautiful and we didn't get any rain. Here are a few pictures of some flooding though. This a parking lot at one of the stores.

You can't even see the side of the highway!

This is the street beside the Original Oyster House. WOW, it looks like a river!

Here is the Oyster House's parking lot. That was one thing the did affect us, we could not eat there during our visit! And we ALWAYS eat there because it is a favorite.

Look at the bench at the Oyster House. You can see how high the water was!

We ate at the Hangout Friday night. This was behind there while we were waiting on our food. The wind was about to blow me away!

It made Marty look like he gained a little weight while down there!

This picture really does not do it justice for how high the waves really were! They were about 8 feet higher than usual. We definitely did not go out there!

Saturday we went shopping at the Wharf. We spent the majority of our time out there. We went everyday! Love, love, love that place!

Saturday afternoon we finally got out to the beach. I think we are the whitest people at the beach! We only stayed an hour and a half and we got a lot of sun. The wind was so strong!

Saturday night we got ready to go back to the Wharf to eat at Guy Harvey's.

We went to Guy Harvey's to eat so we could watch the Auburn Game and
Bama game at the same time. It was a lot of fun!! It is an awesome restaurant! The crab legs were divine!

Ready for church Sunday morning

After church we got ready to head home. We went back to eat for the second time down there at Red's, our new FAVORITE restaurant at the beach! I have never had sushi like that in my life! We have talked about driving down there just to eat (if gas wasn't so high). They have lots more delicious foods besides sushi, because if you know Marty, you know he can't eat it. He loved both of his meals there too. We can't wait for the next beach trip just to eat there! The second time we went, the owner asked us if we wanted our "usual booth". He is from Tuscaloosa, so maybe we could talk him into opening a Red's around here!

On the way home, we stopped by the outlets of course for a little shopping. We had a great trip and look forward to it again!