Friday, October 16, 2009

Thursday, October 15th

This was a busy day for us. Grandmommy and I took the kids to Tuscaloosa. Cooper had to get weighed at the breast center to make sure he was gaining enough weight. At the hospital he had almost lost a whole pound and caused him to be a little jaundice. My milk had not come in and he wasn't getting enough to eat. He is a great eater though and since my milk has come in, he is getting plenty to eat! He had gained 3 ounces already and they watched to make sure he was a good eater, and they were very impressed. They said he should started gaining lots of weight now and we didn't have to come back for another check up. Yea!! Also, probably by Saturday or at least by Monday, his jaundice would be completely cleared up and I can stop pumping after I feed him! That is great news! I have been having to feed him which takes around 40 minutes and then pump afterwards to build up my milk supply. This all takes an hour and I have to feed him anywhere from 8-12 times a day. It is exhausting!!

Also, I want to ask for your prayers. Lily Grace has been doing wonderful with all the change going on in her life. Much better than I had ever thought she would. She loves her brother so much. She actually has been plenty satisfied with just being with him and has not wanted tons of attention from me like she usually does. Well, when she woke up this morning, she all of a sudden wanted attention from Mommy. She acted up a lot all day, cried for me, hung on me all day, pitched lots of fits, etc, etc, etc. She never treated Cooper bad though. She still kept saying she loved him, which is great. I don't want her to take it out on him. But it does make it very hard for me to do the things I need to do for Cooper through the day when she acts like this. It is going to be very hard since I have been all hers for two and a half years, but she is going to have to learn to share. Please pray this gets better. Starting Monday, I will be home alone with the two and please pray it isn't as hard as I am thinking it will be. She is also having lots of problems with her eczema this week. It has been awful. Her face and eyes are even very swollen. And her hands are swollen and cracked. And her hands, knees and feet bleed a lot from where she scratches so much. Please pray this gets better soon because this could also be some of the reason for the way she has been acting.

Here are some pictures from the evening of Cooper. Hope you enjoy! I thought they were pretty cute.....but I am partial :)



Coloring with Cooper. Lily Grace will get whatever she is playing with at the time and bring it beside him to be close to him. It is so sweet. She doesn't understand why he can't play with her though. She wants him to so bad! She keeps saying, "Mama wake Cooper up. I want to play."



I put this picture of him on here because it was so funny. This is his "poopy face" I guess you could call it. I was taking all these pictures and he pooped and then made this face. I was making the same face because it smelt so bad, HA!!!
I had to take pictures of his feet!!! I should take one of Marty's feet to put on here just so those of you that have not seen his feet would see they look just like his Daddy's - especially the BIG toe!! It was so funny. At the hospital, Marty's friends Scott Jr., Gurley, and Kevin all came by to visit. I showed them all Cooper's feet and they all said the same thing, "He definitely is Marty's boy!"



4 Comments:

  1. courtney said...
    love all the pictures! praying you and LG. good luck - you can do it!
    Miranda said...
    Sending prayers for you all!! And so glad to hear you can shorten the feeding routine a little. Oh yea and I love baby feet pics!!!!!
    James' Full House said...
    I think he looks alot like LG but I see a little Marty also, besides his feet. We'll see. I kept Noah Friday and I had forgotten how HARD it was to take care of a baby and a 2 year old. It will get better. She will adjust and not act out toward you. Bren did for a few days after MC came home and he even wanted to take her back to her house.. If you need me I am at home everyday! Call. I may not can physically be there but you can cry, fuss and vent away! I love yall
    BJames
    James, Heather, Evan, Emie and Pete said...
    Oh Peyton! He is TOO cute!! I love the poop face!!! ha!! I am glad to hear you all are doing well and that his weight is picking up. Lily Grace will figure out the big sister deal and having to share mommy. It's hard. I love the posts...keep them coming!! Take care!!

Post a Comment