Sunday, October 11, 2009
Cooper decided to come a little earlier than we had planned! We got to sleep around midnight Saturday night and then I was woken by a very bad contraction at 1:44 am. Then there was another in 15 minutes, then in 9 minutes, then 8, then 7, then 6 and we were loading up the car!! Lily Grace held my hand the whole way to the hospital and was such a big girl. My contractions we back to back and I hardly had any time when I wasn't having one. When we got to the hospital at 3:30 am, the nurses said there was no reason to check me, just go ahead and get me in a room because I definitely had "the look". Then she checked and I was 9 1/2 cm dilated!!!! They said I could still get my epidural if I wanted to and I said, "Yes!" The doctor got to me at 4:25 to give me the epidural and finally I felt MUCH better by 4:45! Then I started pushing shortly after that. Dr. Edwards delivered because my usual doctor couldn't be reached. Dr. Edwards was great though! He said it should take only about 30 minutes. It ended up taking longer because Cooper had his head turned a little to the side which was causing him to hang in there making to hard for me to push past that point. Finally the doctor got the forceps to just help turn his head a little. After he did that, I was able to push him right out on my own! He arrived at 6:10 am. The doctor said, "Wow, he is a big boy!" Cooper was just a screaming and then they handed him to me and he looked in my eyes and stopped crying instantly. It was the most wonderful feeling! They took him to clean him up and get his weight and length. He was a big boy! He weighed 9 pounds 4 ounces. He was 21 1/2 inches long. And a head full of black hair! He is just perfect. We are both doing great! Daddy is, too! We are just a bit tired and trying to catch up on some rest before we head home Tuesday morning. Lily Grace is going to be a great big sister! Instead of being jealous and crying as we thought she might do, she was crazy about him. She never wanted to move from his side. She would say how much she loved him and would just talk and talk about him. It was a great relief. We hope this will continue in the days to come. Please pray that it does!
Here are some pictures from Day One. I will try to post pictures each day because babies change so quickly.
Almost time! I'm looking just a little tired.

4 Comments:
-
- Miranda said...
October 12, 2009 at 3:20 PMCongrats!!! He is such a cute little man!!- Kim Lawson said...
October 12, 2009 at 7:37 PMAwwww, he is so precious!! Congrats!!- James, Heather, Evan, Emie and Pete said...
October 12, 2009 at 11:49 PMCongrats! I know you are so happy to have him here. He was more ready to see you guys than you knew! I love all the hair and oh my gosh, what a big boy!! Congrats again!! Take care, you look great in your photos!!- courtney said...
October 13, 2009 at 12:07 PMCongratulations! Wow, a good birth story! 9.5lbs!! No wonder you were feeling pressure!
