Wednesday, February 27, 2008

9 Month Check-Up

Today I took Lily Grace to the doctor for her check-up. She weighed 22 lbs, 10 oz. She was 29 inches long. No wonder she is killing my back, she is so big!! Everything looked good. I was worried about her not crawling yet, but the doctor said she was what they call "advanced". She has skipped about three steps and has gone straight to walking around while holding onto things. This made me feel a lot better about the situation. She does have a little head cold but he said there wasn't anything to worry about with that.
Now, if you see Lily Grace a good bit, you know about her eczema. She has always had it and some days it will be almost cleared up and then other days, it will be extremely bad. Here lately, it has been awful. It is especially bad on her hands and wrists. She has figured out how to scratch it and this causes it to bleed. It looks so painful for her. When I put the ointment on her hands, she rubs it all off and gets it in her eyes. This worried me so I wouldn't put it on her hands anymore. So the doctor told me a type of wrap to get to put over the ointment on her hands. I hope this helps!!
After the appointment, we headed to Tokyo for lunch with Aunt KirKir. It was great to see her! Then we headed home to get Daddy and then came back to Tuscaloosa to meet Grandmommy for some shopping and dinner at Moe's. Thank you for dinner Grandmommy and we love seeing you! We miss you everyday we can't see you! We did some more shopping and then off to church. Lily Grace is still loving her class at church. This is the only place she doesn't cry when I drop her off. This also gives me a little break!

Lily Grace got her toe pricked. She didn't cry but looked at the nurse like she was crazy! She didn't know what to think about the band-aid on her toe. She did cry a lot when the doctor came in. She has now figured the doctor's office out. Every time he touched her, she screamed and screamed. He cleaned out her ears the last time we were there and I think she remembers that. As soon as he left she was fine, then it was time for the shot. Here comes the crying again, but this time it only lasted for a split second.

She kept trying to eat the band-aid off! I wish I was that flexible! Ha!Thank goodness for the TV in the rooms! This helps me entertain her for that hour.

And thank goodness for books. She loves to look at books! She now does the cutest thing when you hand her a book. If you hand it to her upside down, she knows to turn it the right way!!
How smart is she!?!
Here are the bandages we put on her hands. She kept them on for about ten minutes and then finally figured out how to take them off. At least by then, the ointment had already went into the skin. I think this might actually work! Yea!!

6 Comments:

  1. James' Full House said...
    Hi ya'll. It sounds like with how bad her eczema is that it might be food sensitivities. Most peds don't diagnosis this, but it is worth some looking into. Kellymom.com has a ton of resources on this. Just a thought. We miss you and hope to see you soon.
    bjames
    The Cannons said...
    We LOVE you sweet baby!Hope to see you soon!
    Anonymous said...
    Anyone who reads the blog regularly knows LG is advanced!! ;) She looks like such a good reader! I love the pink turtleneck she has on! (Lawson has some eczema too. He has it on his ankle and he'll rub his foot on the carpet trying to scratch it. Makes you feel terrible for him.)
    Hollyhand House said...
    I told you that you had nothing to worry about...I knew Lily Grace would be walking before we knew it! She just didn't want to get her knees dirty! haha She is growing so fast! Love & miss y'all!!
    Kim Lawson said...
    Hey Peyton! Abby Claire has eczema, too. She's had it since she was about 3 months. She would scratch until she bled, also. The good news is she has grown out of most of it. Abby still has several patches, but nothing like before. I have used All Free and Clear since for 5 years and can't remember what scented detergent smells like!! It's worth it though! Hope LG does better with her ointment.
    Anonymous said...
    love the comment about not crawling bc she didn't want to get dirty! a true southern belle!

Post a Comment