Friday, August 8, 2008

15 Month Check-up

Yesterday, we took Lily Grace to the doctor for her 15 month check-up. Marty went with me to help because the last few times we have been, it has been very rough on Mommy. Lily Grace dislikes her doctor very much now and it is a very unpleasant visit when he walks through the door. He did say she was very dramatic. Yes, we know this, she is our little "Drama Queen"! HA!

We talked a lot about sleeping because her sleeping patterns are getting worse and worse which means not much sleep for all three of us. He believes her sleeping problems all go back to the problems she has with her eczema. That has also gotten a lot worse, so he gave her two stronger creams and a liquid to take before she goes to sleep. Pray this gets better because I think sometimes she has some pain from it.

She had lost a pound, I think because she isn't getting near as much milk as she did with the bottle. She weighed 25 lbs and was 31 and 3/4 inches long. Her head circumference was 19 1/4 around. Of course, she was off the charts in size percentile. She is a big girl!

The doctor was very happy with the progress on the sippy cup situation. Things have been much better around here with the sippy cup. She is doing great and drinking lots more milk! She is still having one night bottle which he said was fine for a little bit longer. I believe it all depends on the type of sippy cup kids use. She never liked any of the sippy cups I was giving her and trust me, we used every sippy cup made! I finally bought the Dr. Brown's training cup and she drinks great from it! I think it is because it is a clear cup that looks like a bottle. Thank you for all the advice and encouragement because we finally got there!

She only got one shot this time and we go back in three months for her 18 month check-up. I have a feeling there will be lots more shots then! Marty, mark your calendar, I will probably need your support there! :)

Sitting in the big girl chair waiting on the doctor. (This didn't last very long)

Thank you Daddy for coming with us today! We love you!

1 Comment:

  1. The Cannons said...
    She's growing too fast!Only 2 more visits and shots should be over, right!?I know that may help her feelings about the Dr. office.Love you to the moon and back LG!!

Post a Comment