Friday, October 17, 2008

Doctor, Dentist, All in One Week

This week we have been busy in the doctor offices! Last Tuesday I took Lily Grace for her flu shot and then Wednesday she started having allergies. They kept getting worse everyday. Sunday, I noticed a knot under her ear. It was really hard and about the size of a nickel. I took her to the doctor this Tuesday and he said she had an ear infection. The drainage had caused a swollen lymph node. While the doctor was looking in her throat, he noticed her teeth. He referred us to a dentist and said he wanted her teeth looked at right away.


So, I took her to the dentist yesterday. What an experience!!! She was very patient while we waited over an hour. Then when she had to sit in the chair, oh my goodness!! The screaming! He did get a good look and determined it was definitely the passy causing the teeth on the right side of her mouth to be higher than the left. I am sure you all have noticed her top tooth being higher. Lots of people say, "Awww, I love her snaggle tooth" or ask, "Why hasn't that tooth come all the way in?" That was actually her very first tooth and it is all the way in. That tooth, the one beside it, and the two bottom teeth underneath are all pushed into her gums. The passy is causing her teeth to do this and it is also forming the bones this way. She has a drastic over bite on the right side and if something isn't done with it asap, there could be serious problems in the future.

So guess what? NO MORE PASSY! Please pray for us! So I took it from her yesterday and she is fine during the day. Except when she is going to sleep. So for nap time, after fighting her for twenty minutes, I stuck the passy in and she feel asleep instantly. I then took the passy out and she slept without it. We did the same thing that night for bed. And she slept all night long without her passy!! I couldn't believe it! She did have to get in the bed with us half way through the night but I think that is a huge success, she slept all night without it. This morning, she never asked for it and now she is taking a nap without it again. I pray this works and eventually she will not need the passy to help get her asleep. I also pray the passy is the reason for her gums doing this, and they will get better after cutting the passy out of her daily routine. I feel sorry for Lily Grace because she isn't old enough to understand what is going on. Please say a little pray for us with this situation, because it may be a hard road.

Yesterday afternoon, we took Lily Grace to the park beside our house for a little while and we had so much fun! Here are some pictures from the afternoon. "Where's your teeth Lily Grace?"

That is a tall slide! I wish I could have videoed her going down this slide! It was so funny! She went down so fast and was a little scared. She wouldn't even go back down this slide again!
She loved playing in the dirt and rocks.

You can actually see her top teeth good in this picture.
Hogan had to go everywhere we went!
Going down the slide together!



0 Comments:

Post a Comment