Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Scrapbooking Night

I have started a little "Scrapbooking Club" at my church once a month. We get together on a Friday night and scrapbook until about 2 or 3 in the morning! We have an awesome time talking, snacking, and of course SCRAPBOOKING! It is my most favorite hobby, besides cooking! We have had a great turn out for the first 3 times with about 9 ladies the first time, 18 the second and 11 this past time (even after a full busy week of VBS!!!) If any of you ladies would like to join us please contact me and I will give you the details. We all share ideas, paper, stickers, tools, etc. It really is a lot of fun! And if you aren't a scrapbooker, then you can do arts and crafts or whatever you like. That is why I am posting. There is a lady that does not scrapbook but she loves to save junk or recycle things to make things. I took a picture of this rug she made from grocery sacks!!! It is unbelievably soft and super cute!! It is really big, which you cannot tell from the picture. Marty said I should have sat something beside it so that you could see the size but I didn't think of that at the time. She has made lots of different rugs and bags and lots more. I just thought it was too neat and I had to share.

1 Comment:

  1. Miranda said...
    I have a ton of little girl scrapbooking stuff from when my girls were small. Some of it will work for my little boy but some will not. If you would like the stickers that would be easy to mail email me (kae4bama@yahoo.com) your address and I will send it to you. I wish I could join your group. I went to a group here and they basically had no tools so they used mine all night and I got nothing done. But maybe I will find another one after he gets here.

Post a Comment