Monday, June 29, 2009

A Little Trip for Us Girls

Last Sunday we headed to Mobile to stay for a few days. We had the best time together. Lily Grace was the sweetest thing the whole time. I truly enjoyed spending some quality time with her. I know we won't have much more of that soon. We spent a lot of time in the pool, went shopping, went to the beach one night for a walk, ate lots of food, went to bed late and slept in late! It was a fun girls trip!

The last time we were in a big pool or on the beach was in February. Before that it was last summer. Lily Grace really did not like it much either time. She would start warming up to it towards the end of the trip but this time was totally different! She was a little fish! It was so hard to get her out of the water. She would "swim" kicking her legs and paddling her hands. She was very brave and a lot of the time not want me to help her. I really thought she would have my skin and not tan good because she is so fair. But I think she may actually have Marty's beautiful skin! I kept 50 sunscreen on her but she still got a pretty little tan. She has that cute little white bottom! :)

Last time she didn't like the way the sand felt but this time was very different. She loved the sand and played in it for a long time.
And last time she didn't like going near the ocean at all. We got her in it a little bit but she had to be squeezing some one's hand or leg . This time, she was running in it and would have went far into the water if I would have let her. It was awful when it was time to leave. I actually had to drag her out! I can't wait to go back later this summer to spend a lot of time on the beach because I think she will really enjoy it!

Another day at the pool...

Her hair has gotten so long, it will pin up really cute or fit in a ponytail!
Eating a brownie :) Look at those big blue eyes!
Before we headed home Wednesday, we went to eat at Spot of Tea (the best chicken salad in the whole world!!!!!) for the second time this trip and took a walk around Cathedral Square park. Mobile really is a beautiful place and being so close to the beach, people don't visit it enough. I look forward going back for another visit someday soon.
I enjoyed our trip with my baby. I always have fun with my girl!

1 Comment:

  1. James, Heather, Evan, Emie and Pete said...
    What sweet pictures! I am sure Lily Grace enjoyed her time with you! Looks like you had a blast!

Post a Comment