Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Happy 3 Months!!

We cannot believe it has already been 3 months! Wow how it has flown by! We have not posted anything in so long, there is tons to catch up on and lots of pictures to see. Lily Grace has done so many new things in the past two weeks that we are really excited about. Let's start with last week. On Tuesday she took out her passy and put it back in on her own, twice! She had been trying for days but we would always have to give it a little push back in for her. It was very exciting moments! Then on Wednesday night at church, the teacher gives all the little kids a mirror for one of the songs and Lily G held it on her own for the whole song, also exciting. On Thursday, I finally put her on her stomach for a little bit and she tried so hard to roll over. She would get really close but just couldn't push herself all the way over. It is really our fault because we never put her on her stomach like we are supposed to. She hates it so bad though, she will just scream and scream until we turn her over. If we would start doing it more often I really think she will turn over soon. On Friday we went shopping with Grandmommy and MawMaw and she was super good. I think she is going to fit in well with us women in the family because she seems to enjoy shopping. I think it might be because of the riding and all the colors but it sure does make her happy. See the pictures to see other things we have been doing.

Well, that brings us to today. She is getting so big! You should see the drawer full of clothes she has already grown out of. This is very sad for me. And I can't tell if she is losing more hair or getting more hair. She finally has a hair line in the front again and the hair right on top looks longer but then again she looks bald. I noticed the other day that where she sleeps there was a bunch of little hairs on the sheet. So I guess it is falling out. Many people have told me that babies that are bald will eventually have very thick hair. I do know that it is red when the sunlight shines on it and very curly when it is wet. I would love for her to wear a bow soon though! And I don't know if you can tell in the pictures but she has beautiful blue eyes! She is starting to try and grab things now. She has a little counting frog named Lily that she grabbed and I promise looked like she hugged!! She is becoming aware of her toys more and I know before long will be grabbing them all. She is still squealing very loudly and talking to us more and more. She kicks and squirms all the time wanting to move around. Most importantly, she is healthy and such a happy little girl. For some reason the past few days Lily Grace has been fussing with me when I nurse her during the midday time feedings, so I started feeding her with bottles at those times. Well today she held the bottle on her own for a whole 5 seconds or so!! Now, I know that all these things that we think are so exciting are probably not so exciting for all of you but these are little milestones that our baby is reaching and we are so happy about each and every one of them! I am so lucky to be able to stay at home with her for a year. It is the best job in the world and I wouldn't want to be doing anything else. I thank God everyday for giving me the opportunity to do this and blessing us with such a wonderful joy. She makes us so happy and I can't believe how much I can love someone. I just love her so much it hurts. Now I know what my Mother was meaning when she said that all these years.

Some other things that are going on... We are so happy for the engagements, our cousin Dan Deavours is marrying Krisha Gilliam this upcoming April. She is a great addition to the family, she is beautiful and super sweet (and great at aggravating Marty)! Also, my best friend since kindergarten, Crystal Earnest is marrying Riley Hollyhand in June. I will be the Matron of Honor in the wedding. We are so happy and love both couples so much. Marriage is wonderful!! Some more news, Michael and Julie Crocker, our cousins out in Houston, just found out they are having a baby girl due on December 25th. There's nothing like a little girl, it's a blessing! We will have so many new little one's this year on the James side of the family with Lily G, Rachel's baby Heidi that was born last month, Pat and Brandi's little boy due in November and then Crocker's. Family get togethers are going to be so much fun! Congrats to everyone, we love you all!!!


3 MONTHS OLD TODAY!



You can see here how fat her little legs are getting. We think they are adorable. My Granddaddy thinks she should be a lot fatter though. Sunday he was ready to feed her table food! He says he was feeding us mashed potatoes at 3 months. Just a little bit longer till her next doctor's appointment and it will be time to start!!


Stick 'em up!! Lily Grace is so funny when she sleeps, hands straight up. Yes, she is still sleeping in the pack-n-play at the foot of our bed! She sleeps so good there and we are just not ready to put her all the way down the hall in her own bedroom. Besides, sometime during the night she gets in the bed with us. I just love it and she loves it, too. The mornings are the best when she wakes up and turns to me and smiles. It brightens up the day! She is still sleeping throughout the night waking up at about 6 to eat and then back to sleep till about 10. Lets hope that keeps up!


We went to visit 'Aunt' Meg and cousin Hal last Tuesday. Maybe when Lily Grace gets a little bigger they will have more to do with each other. But aren't they cute!



Pop and Grandmommy with sweet Lily Grace. Yes, we had to try the Tokyo experience again even though the first one was horrible! This time it went great! Lily G really enjoyed it. It was great to spend some time with family at our favorite restaurant.


A sweet little family


Aunt KirKir with her friend Hunter from Houston, Texas that she met in Italy.


Uncle Skyler and Mommy.

Lily Grace loves MawMaw!!

Saturday we went to the lake. We had so much fun seeing the Deavours family because our last get together was 4th of July. Marty and I actually got to go swimming and riding Sea-doos this time. We had a lot of fun. That night we kept the girls and spent the night. McKenzie is going to be a great babysitter. She really knew what she was doing and Lily Grace loved playing with her.

Madelyn was more interested in playing with Marty! She fell in love with him and they played all night until Marty just couldn't take it anymore! They are such sweet little girls and we enjoyed getting to spend some time with them.

What a face! The shirt was too cute though. She was definitely worth the wait!



3 Comments:

  1. The Deavours Family said...
    awww that is sooo cute! And you are too sweet! I love ya'll!!
    Joy said...
    Peyton, I am so excited to know that you have a blog. I read all the way through to the last post. Lily Grace is adorable.I put you in my fav's and will read every day. I love all you kids that I watched grow up.It seems that motherhood agrees with you but you did have one great example to follow! PS Debbie---Isn't it great!!!!!
    Anonymous said...
    That Hal is a fine looking boy.

Post a Comment