Tuesday, August 28, 2007
It was amazing how all of a sudden Lily Grace started reaching and grabbing for things! She has been holding things when we put them in her hands for a little over a month now but in the past two weeks she has started getting things on her own. Everyday she is getting better and better at it. It started with her holding on to her bibs and dresses then putting them in her mouth. Now she grabs the mail right out of my hand when I'm reading it, she grabs my hair, nose, lips, the remote or anything else I am holding when she is sitting in my lap. And guess where it all goes? Straight to her mouth!! Now she really loves her play gyms because she can grab those hanging down toys! Sometimes it even looks like she reaches for me! And she is holding her bottle for longer times now. Yesterday when I was getting my hair cut, Marty had her and he was hanging up some clothes. He said every time he would hang a shirt on the rod and turn around, she would grab it and pull it down! I would have loved to see that! It's crazy how she does new things everyday that passes.
With putting everything in her mouth, I think she has to be teething. It has been going on for about a month but now it is beginning to bother her. She chews on anything she can get and loves for you to rub her gums. The diapers are getting worse, too. This past weekend I got her some baby tooth (or gum) paste and she loves it!! We do it every morning and night now. I just hate for her poor little gums to hurt. And I was told it could be many months before a tooth actually came through! Wow, that is a long time to be teething. Pray for us!
