Thursday, May 8, 2008
I can't believe a year has come and gone with my sweet little girl. It went by way too fast and now we have a one year old. On the right side of the blog, Marty is putting a video of Lily Grace's first year. It is 25 minutes long, so just warning you it won't be a quick video to watch. We let it run continuously throughout her birthday party. It really is a very sweet video, Marty did a great job putting it together. He also put a little photo montage of Lily Grace's many faces. Too cute!
Two days before Lily Grace arrived.
This day one year ago was one of the most exciting days we will ever have. After nine months of a very hard pregnancy, from being sick the whole time I found out at the last doctor's visit, I was scheduled to be induced at 7:00 am on May 8th. I was very sceptical about this because I thought "what if she isn't ready to come on that day!" Well, Lily Grace was definitely ready because she started coming at 2:00 am on her own!!! I honestly think that contractions may be the worst pain in the world! I didn't know what to do, go on to the hospital or wait until 7:00. They were two minutes apart and I was hurting so bad, I couldn't even fix my hair or put on make-up good. I couldn't sit but then I couldn't stand either. I held out as long as I could until we finally left the house at 5:00. Marty is a very fast driver normally, except for this day! He drove so slow!! He said he wasn't but it felt like eternity getting to the hospital. Once we got to the hospital it was around 8:00 before I got my epidural. Once I had that, I felt great except for one hot spot. When Dr. Rosenstiel came into check on me around 8:00, he said I was 100% effaced and 7 cm dilated. He predicted Lily Grace to come into this world around 12:15. He predicted right! I started pushing about 11:30. My Mother, Kirsten, Kendra and of course Marty joined me during this wonderful experience. They were great motivators and I was so happy to share that time with them. After another epidural, I never got rid of the hot spot. Even though it was a horrible pain, I didn't care because I knew I was about to see my baby after wait patiently for 9 months. Pushing was the hardest thing I have ever done in my life but with encouragement from Marty, ice chips and an oxygen mask, I was able to get her out. It was exhausting and you won't believe this but in between pushing, I kept falling asleep! After pushing a few times for about 45 minutes, she arrived at 12:16 pm. She was healthy, had all her parts, weighed 7 lbs 14 oz, 20 inches long, and was beautiful. I knew the moment I looked at her, I would love her forever and she would always be my whole world. It was a blessed day and I would do it all over again in a heart beat.

Love,
Dan and Krisha
Love always,
"Aunt" Crystal & "Uncle" Riley