Monday, May 26, 2008
On May 15th, I took Lily Grace to her one year check-up. These checkups get harder and harder every time we go! Now that she is walking a lot more (still holding on to things most of the time), she wants down to walk around and check things out. So I am chasing her all over the waiting room, anxiously waiting for the nurse to call us back. Once we get called back, there isn't anything to interesting in the room so I have to keep her entertained. Then, when the doctor gets called back, the screaming starts. I am talking about screaming from the tops of her lungs, turning blue, and holding her breath. She claws me to death, trying to get away from him. She didn't use to do this but ever since he cleaned out her ears one time, she hates him. And she doesn't stop screaming until he leaves the room. I feel so bad but I don't know what to do with her. He said everything looked good and we really need to be weaning her from the bottle. We are trying very hard!! Once he left, she had screamed so much she fell asleep. Then it was time for the three shots. The nurse woke her up sticking one in her leg. I think Lily Grace was in shock. But she still didn't cry near as bad as she did when the doctor was in the room. Maybe, the future appointments will be a better experience for me and her! Her next appointment is not until August and I pray we don't see them again until then!
